Friday, September 01, 2006

[G] Thirty Days

In thirty days, my life will change
its kind of scary, kind of strange

I could deny this transition and hide within
or face it with stride and continue to grin

In thirty days, I won't be here
I'll have moved away, without a tear

with future unknown and opportunities ahead
I shouldn't have feelings of fear or dread

In thirty days, my life amends
I'll start anew and make new friends

No ties to hold me here, no prospects I see
alone and far away is where I'll be

In thirty days, my life will have changed
I hope you're still with me when it's rearranged

my life from here, I can only succeed
but its you with me, that I still need

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why hold on to something that has never been...lived only by a dream..look forward to that new beginning..look forward to a REAL beginning...

Rob said...

Why not hold on to a dream? Dreams have helped others accomplish amazing things. If you've spent most of your life only doing things to make others happy, wouldn't it be worse to not have a dream? I spoke of hope and need in this poem... but I believe every new beginning starts with a dream, I just hope I can share it with the people I love.

Rob said...

Oddly enough, thirty days has turned into 6 months... so things have been put on hold until then.