Tuesday, January 03, 2006

[D] In my mind... (part 3)

part: (1) | (2) | [3]


When I heard the news of the plane crash
I stared at the T.V. in utter disbelief
It was your flight number on the screen
there is the tail, then I was hit with grief

It was just a weekend trip out of town
I drove to the airport, but we got there late
A quick kiss on the cheek and out you flew
you didn't turn around as you ran to the gate

I blew you a kiss and wished you good luck
and whispered I love you, but you didn't turn around
I left the airport, feeling the emptiness next to me
I guess I was driving home, when your plane hit the ground

Now I wish I had called you and told you those words
my emptiness is now pain, an ache that is new
how can I live on and be happy again
my life won't begin again without you

No comments: